- Clinton, ME
Fedco Seeds is hiring Seed Packers/Order Pullers to help during our busy season. This is a seasonal position that is full-time from now through May, with potential for part-time hours during the summer. The seed packing part of the job entails sitting for long periods of time with repetitive upper extremity motions. The order pulling part of the job requires astute attention to detail. We are a fun, fast-paced, and easy-going place to work!
Update during COVID-19 pandemic: Work may be scheduled in two shifts to minimize the number of people in the building: an early morning shift and an afternoon/evening shift.
• Come to work reliably and on time; communicate to supervisor any necessary changes to schedule.
• Pack seeds, learn and implement seed packing efficiency.
• Inspect seed quality; notify supervisor of abnormal observations.
• Learn and become proficient at using seed packet labeling machine for occasional printing of seed packets.
• Help maintain safety, organization and cleanliness in the workplace.
• Occasionally fill, process and package orders to ship to customers.
• Participate in activities and behaviors to meet the changing needs of prevention and transmission of COVID-19. Including: maintaining a distance of 6 feet or more from others whenever possible, wash hands frequently, keep personal and shared work stations clean, wear a face mask at all times in keeping with guidance approved by Fedco, which follows current CDC guidelines.
• Manual dexterity with efficiency of motion.
• Basic computer skills.
• Strong mathematical ability.
• Strong positive attitude, ability to communicate and work in teams.
• Detail oriented with strong observation skills.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Agricultural knowledge/familiarity with seed.
• Specific knowledge of product.
• Ability to envision future systems to improve operations.
In addition to the above responsibilities and duties, all Fedco employees are expected to adhere to the guidelines in the handbook.
Pay rate (per hour)
Pay level: Shop Worker: $13.75
If you are interested in this position, send your resume along with a cover letter telling us why you are qualified for this job.