- Auburn, ME
Welcome to Chapman Trucking! We offer a relaxed friendly atmosphere with a focus on quality service, strong relationships with both our customers and employees and a can-do attitude. We are looking for self-motivated applicants with the ability to work well with others. Please forward a resume along with a cover letter stating why you think you may be a good fit.
This position will be responsible for dispatching as assigned by the Dispatcher; maintain the integrity of the dispatch software with proper entries of drivers and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are duties and responsibilities with the understanding others may be assigned.
Dispatch drivers and loads as assigned by the Dispatcher
Maintain the integrity of the computer dispatch program by properly and promptly itinerizing
Communicate with drivers and coordinate load and log times
Communicate with customers as needed in a professional manner
Prepare reports as directed by the Dispatcher
Keep good communication flowing between dispatch and drivers
Reporting any known equipment maintenance issues to the Dispatcher
Communicate with Safety Coordinator any safety concerns
Data entry of loads into Profit tools
Close out driver envelopes
Schedule appointments with customers
• A minimum of one year of dispatch experience required
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite and modern office equipment /multi-line phone system
• Ability to communicate effectively working with a variety of people – Drivers, co-workers, customers.
• Proficient in written, oral and electronic communication style.
• Well organized with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Customer service skillset – can hear your ‘smile’ when communicating with others
• Solid multitasking skills required