- South Portland, ME
ReVision Energy is looking for an IT System Administrator to join us in this Companywide role. This role will be based in South Portland Maine. The ideal candidate will live in or have plans to move to ME, NH. or MA as we require a local presence to support co-owner needs.
ReVision Energy was founded in 2003 by two solar geeks in a garage and has grown to over 250 employee-owners spread across our physical locations in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. Our offerings of products have grown to include solar panels, battery backup systems, electric vehicle infrastructure, heat pumps, and water heating equipment.
As a 100% employee-owned company and a Certified B Corp, ReVision Energy is on a mission to lead our community in solving the environmental problems caused by fossil fuels while alleviating economic and social injustice.
ReVision Energy is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive culture where employees from diverse backgrounds can thrive and support our mission. Our recruitment team looks at the whole picture; personal, professional, and non-traditional experience, as well as community involvement.
The safety, health, and well-being of our co-owners and our communities is of primary importance. We have implemented additional measures to assure that those we work and share spaces with adhere to COVID and general safety best practices.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
ReVision Energy is looking for a talented, diligent IT System Administrator to maintain and administer our company's networked system of computers, servers & systems. The IT System Administrator's responsibilities include troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues, as well as ensuring that all computing operations run with optimal performance and security. Finding creative solutions to problems and continually pursuing automation to reduce manual actions.
To be successful as an IT System Administrator, you should have an excellent ability to solve problems using your in-depth understanding of information systems and computing solutions. The best System Administrator will also be a team player, willing to handle all support requests with courtesy and professionalism
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Research and recommend innovative approaches to scale infrastructure and operations.
- Provide superior helpdesk support when issues need to be escalated.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Information Systems or Information Technology.
- Deep understanding of MS Power Automation, SharePoint and Microsoft suite of applications
- Experience administering server-side technology and networked computing systems.
- Prior work with AWS, Azure and public clouds
- Familiarity with PowerShell and other scripting protocols, MS Access & SQL and database operations.
- The ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines.
- Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Patient and professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.